Technologies for a sustainable future
We develop innovative sensing and automation technologies for biological and food systems, contributing to providing safe and quality food in an efficient and sustainable way to feed the 9 billion people expected to inhabit our planet by the middle of this century. We strive to be among the most successful and respected in our area of endeavor. Currently, we are investigating in two exciting areas: plant phenotyping and agricultural robotics.
- Javier‘s poster got 2nd place at the Graduate Student Research Poster Contest 2021 organized by the Phenomics and Plants Robotics Center. NEW
- Congratulations to Chenjiao on the 2021 ASABE ITSC Paper Award (June 2021)!
- Javier got Summer Research Grants from the graduate school of UGA. Congratulations!
- Welcome Zhengkun and Yuxuan to join our lab!
- Rui passed his Ph.D. dissertation defense, Congratulations Rui (January 2021)!
- Shrinidhi‘s paper “Instance Segmentation to Estimate Consumption of Corn Ears by Wild Animals for GMO Preference Tests” has been accepted for publication in Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence. (December 2020) Congratulations!
- Yu‘s paper “DeepFlower: a deep learning-based approach to characterize flowering patterns of cotton plants in the field” was recently published in Plant Methods. (December 2020) Congratulations!
- Xueping‘s paper “Three-dimensional photogrammetry with deep learning instance segmentation to extract berry fruit harvestability traits” has been accepted by ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (November 2020). Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Jawad on his accepted paper to Electronics (September 2020)!
- Welcome Daniel to join our lab!
More News >>
June 21, 2022
Congratulations to Rui on publishing a new paper! A Review of High-Throughput Field Phenotyping Systems: Focusing on Ground Robots Manual…
June 18, 2022
Due to COVID, this was our first lab retreat in awhile, so for many of our lab members, it was…
September 17, 2021
The Phenomics and Plant Robotics Research Center is an interdisciplinary collaboration between plant scientists, geneticists, and roboticists, coming together to…
November 16, 2019
The lab visited the Whitehall Forest, and the Botanical Gardens to celebrate Shangpeng passing his thesis defense. Congratulations to Shangpeng!
April 21, 2019
The spring lab retreat was held at Stone Mountain Park this year. Group photo at the park entrance. Group photo…
October 27, 2018
We held our fall lab retreat at Fort Yargo State Park this year. We also enjoyed a few rounds of…
April 21, 2018
We had our spring lab retreat at Unicoi State Park this year.
January 27, 2017
We thank Jamal for all the contributions he made to our lab and wish him the best in his future…
August 23, 2016
We had our lab lunch this summer at the AOK Cafe. Also, happy birthday to Yu, Rui, and May, and…
April 27, 2016
Our lab recently presented our work at the Engineering Poster Showcase. We were represented by Aaron Patrick, who presented his…